Oct 31 / Retail News
Recipe: Summer Salad with Lemony Herb Tahini Dressing
Jul 30 / Rhode to Wellness
Home gardeners rejoice on this perfect summer salad! This easy-to-adapt recipe should feature whatever is seasonal and, equally as important, whatever is in your fridge — especially berries. A batch of this dressing will keep for up to a week in the fridge and is also a great spread on a summer tomato sandwich or drizzled over grilled veggies. Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
Dairy-free | Gluten-free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Wheat-free
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup water, divided (plus more as needed)
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or honey)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (very) thinly sliced chives
- In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except the chives (using 1/4 cup of water). Process until the herbs have been chopped and the dressing is smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly add remaining 1/4 cup water until you achieve a pourable consistency. If needed, add extra water one tablespoon at a time until right consistency is achieved.
- Once finished, transfer to bowl and store in the chives
- 8 cups spring lettuce mix
- 1 cup multicolor cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup blueberries, sliced strawberries or raspberries (or all three, we won’t judge!)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lemony Herb Tahini Dressing
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives (cut into 1″ pieces)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chives and dressing. Mix well and divide among serving plates. Top with dressing and chives to serve. It’s quite literally that simple!
See the original recipe on Whole Foods Market’s blog.
Like what you see? Stay in the know for tips from all of Garden City Center’s health and wellness experts, events and fitness from some of your favorites on the Rhode to Wellness.