Apr 15 / News
Spring Recipe: Burrata Salad with Radishes and Peas
May 5 / Rhode to Wellness
This beautiful salad is packed with flavorful produce and crowned with burrata cheese, an Italian classic made from mozzarella and cream that delivers a distinctive tang and rich, melting texture, packed with plenty of nourishing veggies. You can serve this dish as a starter or side, or make it a lunch by serving it with crusty bread. Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods.
Gluten free | Vegetarian | Sugar conscious | Wheat free
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 4 ounces haricots verts
- 1/2 cup peas, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for finishing
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 (3.0-ounce) cups frisée lettuce or curly endive, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 assorted radishes (watermelon, white, red, spring, icicle), very thinly sliced
- 1 (8.0-ounce) piece burrata cheese, drained and torn into 6 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt (such as Maldon), to taste
- Bring a large saucepan filled two-thirds full of water to a boil.
- Add snap peas, haricots verts and peas; cook until just bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain again and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a jar with a tightly fitting lid, combine oil, mustard, vinegar, 2 teaspoons water, sugar, fine sea salt and pepper and shake well.
- In large bowl, toss frisée, sugar snaps, haricots verts and peas together with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat.
- Transfer to a platter or serving plates and top with radishes and burrata.
- Drizzle burrata with more oil and sprinkle with flaky salt; serve immediately.
Like what you see? Stay in the know for tips from all of Garden City Center’s health and wellness experts, events and fitness from some of your favorites by signing up for our newsletter below.
Stay well with usNever miss a moment on the Rhode to Wellness. Get the latest updates and tips from our experts, stay in the know on the latest events and more fun surprises, straight to your inbox.